One of the important strategy areas of UNITHERM s.r.o. is harmonising its business activities with sustainable development. The company management has shown an unceasing commitment to reducing negative environmental impact and permanent improving of the environmental protection.
The main environmental considerations of aluminium casting industry are production of waste materials and air pollution. The produced waste is passed onto authorised organisations in accordance with Act. no. 185/2001 Coll. on Waste. Part of the waste is used as secondary raw materials. As far as electrical and electronic waste is concerned, we are involved in the collecting and recycling program of REMA SYSTÉM A.S. and accredited by a "Green Company" certificate. All our air pollution sources are in compliance with the emission limits and are operated in accordance with the Act no. 201/2012 Coll. on the Protection of Air. Environmental assessments are always a key criterion when we decide whether and how to implement a new technology.
The ČSN EN ISO 14001 certification is an evidence of our commitment to environmental protection. The basic features of our environmental strategy are stipulated in our Environmental Policy on the basis of which the environmental goals are set every year.
In the context of environmental policy, the company management undertakes the following:
- Establishing and regularly review the company's environmental management system, including setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets, including employee motivation to enforce the commitments set out in the environmental policy.
- Follow the applicable provisions of the legislation, ie. the laws and regulations related to environmental protection, labor safety and fire protection in all company´s activities.
- Improving technical parameters of manufacturing equipment and reduce emissions from all production and non-production activities.
- Establish a training program for its employees' awareness of the principles of environmental protection and the principles of ecological behavior.
- Engage in dialogue with interest groups and provide them with information to understand the adopted goals and results of implementation of environmental programs.
- Cooperate with the competent authorities, municipalities and interest groups so as to respect national and regional environmental policy.
- Document, implement and maintain environmental policy and communicate it to all employees and communicate it to the public in an appropriate form.
- Promote environmental policy towards suppliers.
- Identify customer requirements during contract review.
- Management regularly reviews the list of environmental aspects and associated risks and opportunities. The review takes into account the lifecycle aspect of the product.
- Regular review of the significance and timeliness of environmental aspects is a mandatory obligation in setting environmental objectives for the company.
The environmental policy and its binding fulfilling is part of basic obligations of all employees.
Overview of waste quantities per year
|O 101008 Casting moulds and cores
|O 120101 Ferrous cuts
|O 120103 Aluminium cuts
|O 120121 Abrasive material
|O 150101 Paper
|O 150102 Plastic containers
|O 170405 Iron
|O 200301 Municipal waste
|Other waste - total
Overview of hazardous waste quantities per year
|N 100309 Aluminium skims
|N 101007 Casting moulds and cores
|N 120109 Cutting emulsions
|N 120116 Waste from blasting
|N 150110 Contaminated containers
|N 150202 Absorbent materials
|Hazardous waste - total
Overview of emissions per year